Had to make some sausage - Kabanosy, Spicy Sticks, Varmlandskorv, Slim Jimish Sticks & Sun Dried Tom

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
hey everyone I will update everything as soon as I can. I picked up the flu & ITS BAD. I can barely movr sorry
Jeremy... Never, ever pick up the flu.... It's way too heavy...  Can feel like you pulled every muscle in your back and neck and stomach after pukin' all night.....  
ROTF.gif
 ....  I'm really sorry you feel bad... but... you did leave a crack in the door.....   Dave

Hey B. Sorry to hear you're sick.  Just wanted to pop in and let you know everything you made looks absolutely delish!  Thanks for sharing the pics and recipes!

hey everyone I will update everything as soon as I can. I picked up the flu & ITS BAD. I can barely movr sorry
Jeremy... Never, ever pick up the flu.... It's way too heavy...  Can feel like you pulled every muscle in your back and neck and stomach after pukin' all night.....  
ROTF.gif
 ....  I'm really sorry you feel bad... but... you did leave a crack in the door.....   Dave
wazzapp.gif
beercheer.gif
yeahthat.gif

ROTF.gif
Yeah Dave - that's good advice - I don't think I will try to pick up any more flu in the future. My stomach is sore 
PDT_Armataz_01_32.gif

Ok here is the recipe I used for the Sun Dried Tomato Apple Chicken Sausage.  I read over a lot of recipes & mixed & matched from several & added my own ideas to come up with this one. I've been wanting to make some chicken sausages for my grandparents. They have to really watch their diets so I DID NOT want to add any fat to the sausages. I also didn't want them to turn out drier than a 20 year old piece of leather. What to do. What to do...

Well here is what I finally came up with.

2 1/2 lb boneless/skinless chicken breast

2 1/2 lb boneless/skinless chicken thighs

3/4 lb onion peeled & quartered (I used yellow onions)

3 1/2 oz sun dried tomatoes (soak these for 15 minutes in warm water)

1 cup tart baking apples diced to roughly 1/8 inch or somewhere thereabouts

1 Tbsp salt

1 Tbsp pepper

1 Tbsp celery seed

1 tsp thyme

1 tsp oregano

6 oz water

Mix the breasts & thighs together & grind at the same time.

Grind the tomatoes & onions together.

Mix the sun dried tomatoes & onions into the chicken.

Mix in the cup of diced apples.

Add the water to the spices and mix in very well.

Stuff & enjoy.

These sausages turned out great! I was worried about the moisture content without adding any fat - that's why I added onion & apple. There was no issue with dryness at all! If you put them on a really hot grill & cooked them too long I'm sure they would be dry but you can do that to anything... I will be taking these to my grandparents as soon as I feel up to it & will be making more of these for myself. They have a nice flavor profile as well - nothing overwhelms anything else. All in all I am pleased with what I came up with 
biggrin.gif

Reactions: dirtsailor2003
Jeramy!  I am so sorry you are not well!  That tummy flu that is going around is nasty!  Poor Thing! 
sorry.gif
  Get well Quick!  Need you on here!

Glad to hear your  feeling some what better Jeremy.  
Thanks Wes  
smile.gif
  I'm feeling a lot better today. Gonna try to eat some real food & get back in the swing of things 
thumb1.gif

Jeramy!  I am so sorry you are not well!  That tummy flu that is going around is nasty!  Poor Thing! 
sorry.gif
  Get well Quick!  Need you on here!
Thanks Kat 
smile.gif
  It was some bad stuff for sure!  No redeeming qualities whatsoever 
nonono2.gif
  I think I have it on the run now though 
Gunner.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky