1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

HA HA HA HA

Discussion in 'Grilling Tips' started by ammaturesmoker, Jul 5, 2018.

1. ammaturesmoker

ammaturesmoker Smoking Fanatic

Anyone else get carried away on the grill yesterday?

Attached Files:

2. SmokinVOLfan

SmokinVOLfan Smoking Fanatic

Damn that looks like one hell of a feast! What all you got on there?

Nice pit btw

3. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Man that is a ton of food!
    Nice setup!!!
    Al

4. ammaturesmoker

thanks man....we did beef short ribs, top sirloin roast, tri-tip, beef spare ribs, boneless chicken thighs, boneless chicken breasts, bone in chicken thighs, and country style pork ribs. What is not in the picture is wave two. Kielbasa, asparagus, and peppers and onions. This food tasted amazing over the California Coastal red oak. The flavor of this pit is just simply amazing.

5. 73saint

73saint Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

What a beautiful site! I bet it gets hot managing that pit!

6. That looks like fun nice set up

7. SmokinVOLfan

SmokinVOLfan Smoking Fanatic

You either cleaned out your freezer or hit up the manager special section at the grocery and smoked everything they had on clearance! Seriously though it all looks amazing! Points for sure.

8. Geebs

Geebs Smoking Fanatic

Wow, I dont think anyone left hungry! Yesterday was a challange for us to grill with the heat index between 105-110, was hard to want to tend to the grills all day.

9. 73saint

73saint Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Same here. I warm/cold smoked some bacon, kept my Lang under cover the whole day and the grill temps never dropped below 90. It was a scorcher.

10. ammaturesmoker

That is what is so nice about Santa Maria....1 1/2 hours is what I spent in time on the grill....good thing too because the thing was hot. However I have found my holy grail for cooling off during cooks. You see that blue canopy? It has a misting system attached to it. Keeps me nice and cool. Now if I was smoking, I have hooked up a temp probe to my phone and I can swim in between adding splits. Works really well.

11. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

I don't think I've ever seen a grate that full. I think I'd have a tough time choosing what to eat.

Point for sure

Chris

12. crazymoon

crazymoon Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

AMS, Wow that is a ton of smoked goodies on there !!!

13. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Beef cooked over the top of red oak is amazing . Nice job I bet that was a fun cook .