Ground Bloody Mary and Teriyaki Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
This my first time smoking Jerky. Wow what a difference. Now that I have the PID on the MES this was easy. Used my last LJ Competition blend dust in the tray. Note to self make more pellet dust. Used Watson seasonings. Used mixer with paddle to blend. Let sit over night. Did 2 hours at 145 and 4 at 165. Boy is this stuff tasty. So much better in the smoker.

IMG_20230113_115204151_HDR.jpg

Here is that older guy I talk about at the river. Has been down there almost every day of his life. I keep him supplied with food.

IMG_20230108_112757448_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221216_141455366.jpg IMG_20230110_115031546_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking jerky Brian, there’s nothing like making your own. I alternate between whole muscle and ground. I could go for some like yours after seeing yours. Very nicely done.

I do have to get some more BM seasoning. Just looked yesterday, only enough for a little over 3 lbs. My venison is packaged in 5 #. Have always done sliced but want to do the ground this time. Nice work Brian.

Mighty fine looking jerky Brian and very gracious of you to take care of that fellow. Kudos to you sir.

Robert

So after eating on this Jerky it really came out good. The texture is more like real Jerky this time. Not sure if it was the smoking or the mixing in stand mixer that did it but I really like. You would hardly believe it was ground meat.

Looks good from here. I've also done hybrid jerky with an hour or so in my box smoker, then move it to my dehydrator.

Speaking of flavors, I used to chuckle when the exotic flavors started hitting the market (and flavors for sausage too), but some are really good!

This my first time smoking Jerky. Wow what a difference. Now that I have the PID on the MES this was easy. Used my last LJ Competition blend dust in the tray. Note to self make more pellet dust. Used Watson seasonings. Used mixer with paddle to blend. Let sit over night. Did 2 hours at 145 and 4 at 165. Boy is this stuff tasty. So much better in the smoker.

View attachment 654359

Here is that older guy I talk about at the river. Has been down there almost every day of his life. I keep him supplied with food.

View attachment 654360

View attachment 654361View attachment 654370
That sure does look like perfect jerky?

What was the magic % of seasoning that you added? I think you were curious about how much of that bloody mary mix to add,

That sure does look like perfect jerky?

What was the magic % of seasoning that you added? I think you were curious about how much of that bloody mary mix to add,
I did the math a 3% was 17 grams and instructions would of been 37 grams. It been so long I just put the whole amount in. It is really pretty good right there. Maybe a hair saltly. I let this mix a few minutes with the stand mixer and thinking that why the texture was tough in a good way. Last couple batches was like ground beef.

I did the math a 3% was 17 grams and instructions would of been 37 grams. It been so long I just put the whole amount in. It is really pretty good right there. Maybe a hair saltly. I let this mix a few minutes with the stand mixer and thinking that why the texture was tough in a good way. Last couple batches was like ground beef.
Ah cool, as long as you know it works :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky