• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Ground beef experiment

lamar

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 17, 2013
Never read about anyone trying this before. Picked up a couple of top round roasts and a pack of maple flavored bacon ends. Cut the round roasts into 1" strips. Mixed in a little over a pound of the bacon in with it and refrigerated overnight. Ground it all together and what a surprise. Taste was super good. Will be doing this again when this batch runs out.

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Bacon burger has been around a long time. Glad for your discovery. Enjoy.

kruizer

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 7, 2015
Now all you gotta do is add some shredded cheddar cheese in the mix and there you go. Bacon cheese burgers.

mike243

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
I learned you can have too much bacon, it wont stick together very well but tastes great lol

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
I’ll bet that’s tasty. I’ve yet to try it.

kilo charlie

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 25, 2017
Never read about anyone trying this before. Picked up a couple of top round roasts and a pack of maple flavored bacon ends. Cut the round roasts into 1" strips. Mixed in a little over a pound of the bacon in with it and refrigerated overnight. Ground it all together and what a surprise. Taste was super good. Will be doing this again when this batch runs out.
What ratio do you think toy ended up with

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Slater's 50/50 Burger is a small chain in 5-6 different states. Never tried one but sound great...JJ

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.