Grinding a Corned Beef Point

Discussion in 'Beef' started by david r, Mar 13, 2018.

1. david r

david r Fire Starter

I bought a bunch of these corned beef points at the store the other day, got um for $2 a pound with the holiday and all

I was thinking of making a Rueben Burger by Grinding a point and pressing the meat into burger patties.

My question, is does anyone have experience grinding corned beef? Will this stick together? I was thinking a point would have enough fat content to stay together like store bought ground beef.

If it was going to fall apart I was thinking about adding some egg and breadcrumbs. Make a Rueben Meatball Burger of sorts. Any Suggestions?
  2. SonnyE

SonnyE Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

No, no suggestions.
    But could you Email me one?
    I Love a good Reuben sandwich! :D
  3. myownidaho

myownidaho Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

You can use an egg as a binder if needed. I’m interested in what you think of the results.
  4. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I think it sounds like a great idea!
  5. bregent

bregent Smoking Fanatic

Not sure if you've tried this yet but sounds like a great idea. I would definitely desalinate them first.
  6. david r

david r Fire Starter

So I went for it. Not bad. the texture is different from a regular burger but I liked the taste, I made a couple of the CB Burgs and used the rest for Corned Beef Hash on St Pats for some guests. Was a fun experiment.
  7. SonnyE

SonnyE Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

I sounded good. Glad it was!
    Most cooking is an experiment, to me.
    I'm still watching my Email... hint, hint. LOL!
    (And salivating profusely...)

The wife's making me a Pastrami sammie...
    david r likes this.