Grinding a Corned Beef Point

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

david r

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 6, 2017
Cleveland, Ohio
I bought a bunch of these corned beef points at the store the other day, got um for $2 a pound with the holiday and all

I was thinking of making a Rueben Burger by Grinding a point and pressing the meat into burger patties.

My question, is does anyone have experience grinding corned beef? Will this stick together? I was thinking a point would have enough fat content to stay together like store bought ground beef.

If it was going to fall apart I was thinking about adding some egg and breadcrumbs. Make a Rueben Meatball Burger of sorts. Any Suggestions?

Not sure if you've tried this yet but sounds like a great idea. I would definitely desalinate them first.

So I went for it. Not bad. the texture is different from a regular burger but I liked the taste, I made a couple of the CB Burgs and used the rest for Corned Beef Hash on St Pats for some guests. Was a fun experiment.

So I went for it. Not bad. the texture is different from a regular burger but I liked the taste, I made a couple of the CB Burgs and used the rest for Corned Beef Hash on St Pats for some guests. Was a fun experiment.

I sounded good. Glad it was!
Most cooking is an experiment, to me.
I'm still watching my Email... hint, hint. LOL!
(And salivating profusely...)

The wife's making me a Pastrami sammie...

Reactions: david r
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky