Grinder Parts OK in dishwasher or NOT?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thoseguys26

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Aspen Valley
I have a Weston grinder that I've been hand washing because the instructions say it's not a great idea to put in the dishwasher. It's all stainless steel, and I've never had problems washing stainless steel items in my dishwasher before..

Do you think it's fine to wash in the dishwasher? Things like the blade, meat tray, auger piece, etc? Kinda a silly Q but my girlfriend didn't know so You All are next in line :)

Had a busy day..

Elk, muley & pork... It's sausage season!

Last edited:
If it is all stainless steel it will be fine in the dish washer......The aluminum ones discolor in the dishwasher....

If it is all stainless steel it will be fine in the dish washer......The aluminum ones discolor in the dishwasher....

yeahthat.gif
 The chemicals and enzymes in the detergent can pit and discolor Aluminum. Hand wash the Blade because the banging around and some detergents              

can dull it...JJ

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky