Grilled Pork Steak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I was not planning on posting this but when I took a piece off the grill was so good thought I would share. This was a last minute thing. On way home got the urge to grill something and stopped by the store. They had some cheap pork steaks so got them. Inspired by Bearcarver Bearcarver broke out some Korean BBQ. clifish clifish and I where just talking about pineapple for tenderizer and was perfect for this. Grated couple frozen fresh pineapple chucks into some sauce than let it do its magic for a hour. Used some of jcam222 jcam222 sweet heat rub. Man that some great rub. On to the grill and basted with the sauce. The corn look pretty bad at the store but I have learned that sometimes that the best corn and that was the case here. Extremely good corn. The steak did not get a good char but was so tender and flavorful. For a last minute thing this was a great meal.

20220416_043351.jpg 20220415_180802.jpg

20220415_175316j.jpg

Made some pickled Ginger for some seared Tuna and man that water boiled the ginger in is tasty. Think work good for some kind of Asian soup.

20220416_043453.jpg

Last edited:
Heck yeah Brian, never used the pineapple on pork chops how did that work out. I love the Korean BBQ sauce. What is this jcam222 jcam222 sweet heat you speak about? Is there a recipe?

Looks great Brian, and fresh corn. nice meal

We love pork steak here also.
I like using a Sweet Thai Chili or Pineapple Jerk sauce Mona loves just soya sauce on hers

Now I must go get some out of the freezer

David

I haven't had Pork Steaks since the Pandemic started.
We used to get them from Giant all the time.
However it's one of the things that never seems to make it onto their Shopping Web site.

Bear

I haven't had Pork Steaks since the Pandemic started.
We used to get them from Giant all the time.
However it's one of the things that never seems to make it onto their Shopping Web site.

Bear
That needs to change. These where so good and only $2.50 lb. I was scared they might get tough so I did not work to good to char them but that Pineapple had them so tender I could of when longer.

Looks good to me Brian. I'd chow down on that.

Point for sure
Chris

Nice! Amazing looking plate! I’ve been thinking of doing the pineapple marinade, I think you just convinced me!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky