GRILLED OKRA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
Grilled Okra

For Those of you who like Okra and have never tried it grilled you don't know what you have been missing.

We Love Grilled Veggies and Okra is right at the top. Simple, Simple, Simple.

Take you Okra and give it a good rinsing, pat it dry, toss it in some EVOO and sprinkle with you favorite seasoning (I usually use SPOG) 

Throw them on the grill, turn them several times and when they start to get a little color they are done. It doesn't take long at all. Experiment a little see how done you like em and try different seasoning I have used my BBQ rub and it's great.

That's it couldn't be easier,

Here are a few pics

Easy Easy

Very nice Gary!  We usually cut it up and bread it with corn meal, then fry it until very crisp (one of my favorite sides).  Don't know why it never occurred to me to try grilling it.  I'll have to give this a try.  Thanks for a new idea!

points.gif

Red

I enjoy the taste but not crazy about the mucilage. I am thinking marinating in Balsamic Vinegar, EVOO and Garlic before grilling. Would eliminate any chance of slime...JJ 

I enjoy the taste but not crazy about the mucilage. I am thinking marinating in Balsamic Vinegar, EVOO and Garlic before grilling. Would eliminate any chance of slime...JJ 
The grilling will take care of that  No Slime

Gary

Grilling okra is my second favorite way to cook it.    Fried being the first, but since my doctor fusses about my weight, I usually eat it grilled and it is delicious.

It sure looks good Gary!

Judy & I don't eat much okra, because of the texture.

But I can see grilling it takes that away.

Will have to give it a try!

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky