Greetings! Waiting for my LSG....................

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

AOSRYJP Ice & Smoke

Original poster
Feb 18, 2021
Newbie. From Chicago. In security sales for Motorola. Just started smoking at the beginning of Covid. Love it, but my wife hates it. Too much time for her. Been using a CharGriller Triple Play, but just placed an order for an LSG 20x42 offset. She wasn't happy about me dropping $3K on a smoker, but I think it will be well worth it. Any thoughts? I see a lot of posts about LSG's so I know some owners are out there.

Welcome and congrats on the new Smoker. I would like a LSG but I dont do that kind of volume since I quit catering...JJ

Welcome and congrats on the new Smoker. I would like a LSG but I dont do that kind of volume since I quit catering...JJ
Thanks, Chef JimmyJ! Believe it or not, neither do I. It's just me, my wife and my 2 boys. But, I wanted a quality smoker. LSG looks like quality to me. And the 20" series fits my style. Just hope it isn't too heavy for my deck!

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Welcome and congrats. I bought a Horizon months ago as my pandemic toy and absolutely love it. The food you make will be so much better and don't hesitate to experiment. Used mine to do a pan pizza on one side at 500 with beef ribs on the other side at 275.

Picked my 20X36 up last Friday before the poop hit the fan weather wise here in Houston. Started seasoning it Saturday morning for around 4 hours rolling into a cook of 10# of chicken wings and 3 racks of St. Louis ribs. All turned out phenomenal. You will love it when you get it. I ordered mine on 9/29/20. The wait will be brutal but the outcome is worth it. You'll be the happiest man on the block. Good luck.

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I ordered a few weeks ago so I expext it around June. Can't wait till it gets here. I'll post pics when I get it.

Welcome from Iowa! Can't wait to see pics when you start using your new smoker!

Ryan

Newbie. From Chicago. In security sales for Motorola. Just started smoking at the beginning of Covid. Love it, but my wife hates it. Too much time for her. Been using a CharGriller Triple Play, but just placed an order for an LSG 20x42 offset. She wasn't happy about me dropping $3K on a smoker, but I think it will be well worth it. Any thoughts? I see a lot of posts about LSG's so I know some owners are out there.
Congrats on the new toy. That is a beefy rascal to be sure. Should last a lifetime.
Do you have any pull with Motorola? They need to bring back CB and this time with side band capability. (wishful thinking).

Enjoy your new smoker. Are you getting the charcoal basket for direct/indirect grilling?

Welcome from NC! as far a time what I do to make sure I have enough time for my hobby is get up early and smoke at 5 am on Saturday and then I'm done 12-1 pm and I have the rest of the day for other activities. the LSG will do you well and you can't have too big a smoker!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Do you have any pull with Motorola? They need to bring back CB and this time with side band capability. (wishful thinking).

I'm just a sales guy. They don't even know I exist until they sign my check.

Enjoy your new smoker. Are you getting the charcoal basket for direct/indirect grilling?
Yes, I got the fire management basket. Also got the main chamber charcoal tray since my wife prefers that over the smoking. I even got a set of 10" semi-pneumatic wheels to move it around and get it on the deck. Best of both worlds, I guess.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

Hey, you are not alone.... The same with me but.... my wife never said "no" if I decide to buy a a smoker or another toy for my hobby.... I am in winning situation! :emoji_wink: Congrats on LSG!
If I don't hear a "no" I hear a "yes"

My wife knows I enjoy the fire management aspect of smoking (doesn't understand why though) so she was cool with me getting a better one. She just would have preferred if it were an Oklahoma Joe or something less expensive. Told her I am going to pass it on to the boys. She said they won't want it.

If I don't hear a "no" I hear a "yes"

My wife knows I enjoy the fire management aspect of smoking (doesn't understand why though) so she was cool with me getting a better one. She just would have preferred if it were an Oklahoma Joe or something less expensive. Told her I am going to pass it on to the boys. She said they won't want it.

She is wrong. Cooking stuff your boys like will get them interested. Doing things like pizza and other non traditional stuff will get them hooked.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky