Greetings from Germany

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome to the group!
I was stationed in K-town in 86-88! Loved it there and would love to go back to visit. I sure do miss all of the German food. Hard to find here in Oklahoma

Thanks! I've only been to K-Town once, but it was pretty cool! Some of the food is pretty great here.

Thanks! Nice username!

Thanks for the like & response my friend it's appreciated. It's a nickname I was given by the brother of a close German restaurateur friend after he and his brother ate my version of the Nürnberg Bratwurst. They both hated it when growing up in Augsburg, but loved the version I made. Go figure?!

If you find any wurst or grill/spit recipes you like over in Germany, please send them over. Or better yet, post photos/information of your work! Always looking to learn new ideas and techniques. That's why I love this Forum. 🍻

John

I'm with Wurstmeister. I love German cooking and sausage. Think of it as "cultural exchange". You can learn about authentic German cuisine and they can learn about American BBQ :-)

Reactions: imightbejosh
I'm with Wurstmeister. I love German cooking and sausage. Think of it as "cultural exchange". You can learn about authentic German cuisine and they can learn about American BBQ :-)
I've never tried making any sausage. Well, I tried making american breakfast sausage in patty form, which turned out great. Maybe one day I'll have a go at some real sausage.

Reactions: Wurstmeister
I've never tried making any sausage. Well, I tried making american breakfast sausage in patty form, which turned out great. Maybe one day I'll have a go at some real sausage.
Congratulations! You already made REAL sausage, only without athe casing! I do the same thing for Mrs. Wurtz to use in various meals without the casings. Plus it's less work for me as in cleaning up?!LOL!:emoji_wink:

🍻
John

Reactions: imightbejosh
Congratulations! You already made REAL sausage, only without athe casing! I do the same thing for Mrs. Wurtz to use in various meals without the casings. Plus it's less work for me as in cleaning up?!LOL!:emoji_wink:

🍻
John
The last time I made Kielbasa I ran out of casing and just made a couple of patties, grilled and had on buns like a burger. They were so good that next time I'll plan on some Kielbasa Burgers!

Greetings from Mississippi. Great group of folks on here, look forward to seeing posts of your cooks.
Jim
Thanks, Jim! Yeah the people seem really great here. As soon as I get to cook anything you'll be seeing a post. Unfortunately it's probably going to be a few weeks until I get to start my next smoking project, but I can hardly wait. I've got plans for some cooks, just no time right now.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky