Greetings all from Northern Illinios

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

biguglysmoker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
Kirkland Il. USA
Hi my name is Ken I live in northern Illinois just outside of Rockford. I have been smoking meats for years. Began grilling as a kid and have Deep Fried Turkeys among other things. But it seems nothing beats a day of sitting by the smoker. The hard parts is the waiting for it to be done. I've done many Briskets, whole Turkeys, Turkey Breasts, Baby Back Ribs, Pork Shoulders, and even did a whole Pig leg once. Started using a charcoal smoke, move to a Brinkman Pit Master and at this time using a Smoke Hollow Grill/Smoker. I have always had friends and family tell me how good things I've smoked are. A couple of years ago I decided to do my own rub. I started with a rub I found and changed this in it to make it mine own. I have to watch the salt I use so I cut the amount way down, but not wanting to loss flavor added other things. It seems to be pretty good (my family likes it and friends do too). I use it on everything I smoke now Pork, Beef, or Chicken. I love to use different wood and juice mixes for flavor while smoking. I think Cherry and Apple woods are my most used with a Hickory back up. Have used water smoking many times but also enjoy Apple or even Orange juice. Last year I want from using charcoal for heat to stick burning. Have been building my own smoker for couple months. It is almost complete and hope to get a lot of use from it this summer of 2014. Will post picture of it and some of the build at later date.

Hello and Welcome to our addiction.  A word of warning: There is no 12 step program for this one!  Many good folk here with a load of experience that they are more than willing to share.  If you have specific questions just start a thread and someone with experience will be along soon to offer advice.  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have.  Spend some time doing some research on the forums, tons of advice and recipes already available there.  We look forward to your contributions.  Have fun.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Hello and welcome Ken, looking forward to seeing your smoker build.

Gary S

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky