Great Saturday evening meal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cornman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 30, 2016
South central PA
We picked up some porterhouses on clearance a few weeks ago and my family’s sweet corn is back in (thus my name...been picking and selling sweet corn at our roadside stand for over 30 years and my father even longer) so we went for it on this beautiful Saturday.

The Mrs. seasoned the steaks with pepper, onion powder, and a splash of Worcestershire before I put them on the grill. Took them up to 125 and let them rest a few minutes.

25724FEF-E639-44DA-AC4A-ED35C3C8AEB6.jpeg

Add the corn and rum & coke, and it was a heavenly meal. Growing up with summers full of corn and cooking and preparing it in all manners, microwaving them with the husk on is as good as any method and saves time and a pot of boiling water. We had a mix of yellow and bicolor with salt and butter.

DD3DEA47-1A98-4B9F-B674-411EEBF66CED.jpeg

We ate it all with happy full bellies. Thanks for looking.

Like a nice porterhouse. Great job.

Looks good, I can't wait for the roadside stands around here to start selling local sweet corn.

Point for sure.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky