Gotta have a mini!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brooksy

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 17, 2014
Hawthorne, fl
Seeing all the buzz about these mini's has made me have to have one. My better half is going to kill me. Oh well as long as I have another awesome food producing machine she should be happy right?

Your gonna love it.

I see you bought a silver joe.

Yep! One can never have to many minis! Take a look at my build thread, you'll want a charcoal basket, and ash diffuser and two side vents for the silver.

Seeing all the buzz about these mini's has made me have to have one. My better half is going to kill me. Oh well as long as I have another awesome food producing machine she should be happy right?
You get a Mini you'll have to start tailgating, then its all the away games, then during off season you'll be doing track and gymnastics and tennis........... Did I mention the motor home? Golf Cart? Season tickets and athletic donations for a parking spot?  OMG!!! 

LOL

Last edited:
You get a Mini you'll have to start tailgating, then its all the away games, then during off season you'll be doing track and gymnastics and tennis........... Did I mention the motor home? Golf Cart? Season tickets and athletic donations for a parking spot?  OMG!!! 

LOL
Foam if it's as awesome as DS says I'm sure I'll have a few of them!

Last edited:
I am expecting to use this at least 2-3 times a week myself while I'm out of town for work. Trying to keep my fast food intake to a minimum also love grilled and smoked food and can't bring smoky with me so this is the obvious solution.

When I was checking out the fit at Wally world I noticed the lid doesn't fit all the way on. Is this normal?

When I was checking out the fit at Wally world I noticed the lid doesn't fit all the way on. Is this normal?
What brand is the steamer pot? With the Vasconia (black handled) and Hoffritz pots the lid fits perfect. Some of the other brands like Imusa the fit isn't as good. Hopefully with a bit of tinkering you can get a good fit.

The last picture above shows my two different brands of pots. The Vasconia with the black handles and the Hoffritz with the all metal handles.

dry fitting the mini! Can't believe how excited I am. The girl toy is not as enthusiastic as I am however. She said great another cooking thing to sit around. She just doesn't understand!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky