Gotta have a mini!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

You can use a small tin can with holes punches in it too.
OK cool I get the idea. The ash guard and pipe are all I need to finish this little bad boy. I'm just as excited to cook in this as I was to cook on the one in my profile pic (I had to wait a month to cook on the big one) I have a feeling it's going to be used ALOT!!

I use mini's several times a week. I'll be smoking a bottom round and smokey Au Jus this evening!
it's all your post about it that made me have to have one. I think it's going to be a wonderful addition to my smoking equipment family. Even my girl toy seeing me happy about it is coming around. I told her yesterday wait till I build my uds.

Hmmmm that's interesting. I like the idea of a uds because I could fit at least four butts in it at once and cook over night with minimal loss of sleep. I'm planning on road side vending and don't want to be up all night with butts then have to start early for ribs,chicken and sides

The UDS only gets used for large cooks. Usually I'm just smoking for 4 so there's no need to fire up a bigger smoker. My poor old GOSM gasser hasn't seen smoke in two years!

I hear ya. I have the trailer mounted beast but it isn't cost effective to heat that up for just me and my lady that is why the mini made perfect sense to me. I can cook the butts on it but since it's a stick burner of have to trend to it all night which I enjoy. An awful lot of beer gets consumed during long cooks like that ;-)

Well I have the mini loaded in my truck ready to go in the morning. She is full of coal,wood chips, spices and tools. She's getting duck breast for her first go round. Hope it works like I think it will. Let you all know how it goes tomorrow.

I hear ya. I have the trailer mounted beast but it isn't cost effective to heat that up for just me and my lady that is why the mini made perfect sense to me. I can cook the butts on it but since it's a stick burner of have to trend to it all night which I enjoy. An awful lot of beer gets consumed during long cooks like that ;-)
OMG!! You consume fermented beverages while operating a fire breather? Shame! 

Really?   Thats all your gonna tell us?       
439.gif

Wow, I can't believe that nasty graffiti, won't your homeowner's insurance cover that? I guess if nothing else you can paint the whole center section yellow. At least you'll know which school kids did it, DN ( Downtown North?), doesn't look like a common abbreviation. At least they didn't paint them all!
A North Dakota fan?

Did some duck breast which I over cooked. Blame that on the adult beverages. Also some chicken thighs which turned out pretty damn good and some catfish fillets which also turned out pretty good. Pics of the chick!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky