Got the cheese going.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
I haven't used the smoker in the last couple of months. And I was getting itchy to do something. So I got 6 pounds cheddar. And about 2 pounds of Cabot horseradish cheese. Going to go 4-5 hours with the A-maz-en tray with comp. blend pellets. Yum!

PB111532.JPG
PB111533.JPG

Cabot horseradish is one of my favorites. Enjoy.

Chris

That been my same thoughts. Cheese smoking weather. Looks like u will have enough for awhile if u can stay away from it until it settles in

Cabot horseradish cheese is a favorite of mine. And not easy to find. I bought the other 5 packs the store had. I'll smoke them up later. This load is done. Now to rest then vac seal tomorrow. The Cabot cheese came out great. Nice and smooth flavor and texture.

PB111535.JPG

Cheese looks great!

My favorite is the Cabot hot habanero. Love it and it’s 10x better smoked. Give it a shot if you like hot stuff don’t think you will be disappointed.

Cheese looks great!

My favorite is the Cabot hot habanero. Love it and it’s 10x better smoked. Give it a shot if you like hot stuff don’t think you will be disappointed.

Yup! That one is also good. I've only been able to find it once though.

Now that's alot of cheese!

Does the horseradish mellow out, or become more distinct as it ages with smoke?

It does become more distinct. I find this cheese to have a mellow horseradish taste to begin with. But, of course, taste is objective. Have you had this cheese before unsmoked?

Cheese looks great. Like on that. I have never heard of or tried horseradish cheese, That has me intrigued and wanting to try some. Going to have to start looking up here. My next trip across the border isn't going to happen till next April, So I will add it to my list of things to pick up when down if I don't find it here.

Boars head sells a white chedder horseradish . Check the deli counters if you see boars head advertised .

Walmart carries Cabot cheese. Maybe they stock it.

Chris

I get mine at Wegmans. They have Cabot cheese there. Though not always the Horseradish.

Steve, I hit the motherload. A Publix down the street from me just started carrying Cabot. And yes, even the horseradish!

Nice!! Smoke some up. And let us know what you think if you haven't tried it already.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky