1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Got the cheese going.

Discussion in 'Smoked Cheese' started by Steve H, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Steve H

Steve H Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I haven't used the smoker in the last couple of months. And I was getting itchy to do something. So I got 6 pounds cheddar. And about 2 pounds of Cabot horseradish cheese. Going to go 4-5 hours with the A-maz-en tray with comp. blend pellets. Yum!

PB111532.JPG PB111533.JPG

2. Braz

Braz Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

That's gonna' be good.

3. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru

Cabot horseradish is one of my favorites. Enjoy.

Chris

4. buzzy

buzzy Smoking Fanatic

That been my same thoughts. Cheese smoking weather. Looks like u will have enough for awhile if u can stay away from it until it settles in

5. Steve H

Cabot horseradish cheese is a favorite of mine. And not easy to find. I bought the other 5 packs the store had. I'll smoke them up later. This load is done. Now to rest then vac seal tomorrow. The Cabot cheese came out great. Nice and smooth flavor and texture.

PB111535.JPG

5GRILLZNTN and ab canuck like this.
  6. SmokinVOLfan

SmokinVOLfan Smoking Fanatic

Cheese looks great!

My favorite is the Cabot hot habanero. Love it and it’s 10x better smoked. Give it a shot if you like hot stuff don’t think you will be disappointed.

7. Steve H

Yup! That one is also good. I've only been able to find it once though.

8. TomKnollRFV

TomKnollRFV Master of the Pit Group Lead

Now that's alot of cheese!

Does the horseradish mellow out, or become more distinct as it ages with smoke?

9. Steve H

It does become more distinct. I find this cheese to have a mellow horseradish taste to begin with. But, of course, taste is objective. Have you had this cheese before unsmoked?

10. ab canuck

ab canuck Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Cheese looks great. Like on that. I have never heard of or tried horseradish cheese, That has me intrigued and wanting to try some. Going to have to start looking up here. My next trip across the border isn't going to happen till next April, So I will add it to my list of things to pick up when down if I don't find it here.

11. 5GRILLZNTN

5GRILLZNTN Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

The color looks great Steve. I wish Horseradish was easier to find around here. Love that stuff!

12. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Boars head sells a white chedder horseradish . Check the deli counters if you see boars head advertised .

13. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru

Walmart carries Cabot cheese. Maybe they stock it.

Chris

14. Steve H

I get mine at Wegmans. They have Cabot cheese there. Though not always the Horseradish.

15. 5GRILLZNTN

Steve, I hit the motherload. A Publix down the street from me just started carrying Cabot. And yes, even the horseradish!

Steve H likes this.
  16. Steve H

Nice!! Smoke some up. And let us know what you think if you haven't tried it already.

17. 5GRILLZNTN

I just bought one stick to make sure I like it smoked. In the WSM with apple dust as we speak.

Steve H likes this.
  18. Steve H

Let us know how you liked it.