Good use for old P.P.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

martin1950

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 18, 2019
Hartford. S/W Michigan
Found a couple of older undated bags of smoked pulled pork. It's hard to beat a hot bowl of chili on these cooler Michigan days. Now onto the smoker for 6-8hrs to blend and cook down. And to answer the nagging question-------that's a 6 1/2 qt cast iron pot. I'm all out of "favors due" so most of this is headed to the freezer in 6-8hrs. in single serving butter tubs.

pp 1.jpg
pp 2.jpg
pp 3.jpg
pp 4.jpg
pp 5.jpg

well when ya try it is hard to not want it.. there are many rec. on here. but i find it hard to follow a rec. as my gramma had such an influence. and in 8th grade i was first to take home ec. {i liked girls} taught e'm how its done. the next yr it was crowded.

Ain't never done it, green that is. Always been shy of eating green things.

Reactions: martin1950
home made dry then soaked beans, baked n on the side to add if needed..the old stoves had the rear left burner deep pail just for beans. to soak. or am i to old or in prairie with no neighbors for miles

• Haha
So the couple of chili threads in the last 2 days along with the cooler temps have me wanting to make it.

This is a great idea. I've made chili out of Beef and Venison, but never out of pork. We always have left over PP after a smoke. Nice job.
I haven't used pork, either. But right this moment, I am smoking half a butt and a 2.5 lb. chuck to use in a pot of chili tomorrow. Both have been heavily seasoned with my version of Malcolm Reed's chili. I'll be using his smoked chili recipe as a starting point and go from there. Hopefully tomorrow it will all come together...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky