Gonna get a little snow.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Fond memories living in upstate NY!  Watertown vs. Rochester/Buffalo area, but same lake effect results!  I survived the Blizzard of '77!  (There's a facebook group for that, lol!).

Fond memories living in upstate NY!  Watertown vs. Rochester/Buffalo area, but same lake effect results!  I survived the Blizzard of '77!  (There's a facebook group for that, lol!).
Pops, I was only 5 but remember it quite well. We had a 15' drift across the road in front of our house. We had about a dozen stranded motorists that ran into the drift and each other stay at our house for a few days. Luckily the people that owned the corner store lived above it. My dad was making trips there on the snowmobile to get food to feed everyone.

Last edited:
Gary, i think the bigger problem is going to be the 24 hours of lake effect after the storm. It's going to come off of Lake Ontario with high winds. I wouldn't have this problem if you would just keep this cold air up in your country where it belongs. Lol

Will have to see just how bad it gets here in Buffalo! Usually these earlier storms are the ones they are right about, its later in the year when they overshoot them!

You never know, first one of the year everyone freaks out and we end up getting 4 inches.  Every once in a while, though, BAM!, we get nailed.  Lived in Lancaster, NY about 10 years ago and we got 7 feet in 3 days.  That was fun.

Davidhef, it does look like you're going to get hammered, though.  I'm sure you know the drill, get everyone home and safe then hunker down.  I'm leaving work in a few minutes, our daughter flew in from NC, landed 30 minutes ago, son is on his way home from school.  We'll all be safe and sound before it starts.

Hey Swede

That's the whole secret  get everybody home and safe!!!!!  After that oh welll, too bad, so sad.  Not a whole lot we can do about the snow or the weather.  Personally I hate it, but..............  Take care, stay warm, keep a fire going, drink lots of hot chocolate.LOL--maybe even put a little run in the hot..

Gary

We got lucky and only got about 8 inches of wet heavy snow Tuesday night, and a couple inches of light fluffy stuff last night.

Gary did  you get the rain yesterday. I guess the highway was a skating rink fron Stony plain to Wabamun

Harold

Hey All

We're getting nailed for the 4th time this Fall.  So far this time its put another foot on the ground today and it doesn't look like its getting ready to stop snowing any time soon.  Unfortunately, my road is glare ice under the snow and when I came home from town the 4x4 just refused to turn into the yard.  So will have to get my neighbor's tractor and my tow chain out tomorrow.  At least it was only a five minute walk to the house. Isn't life fun.  LOL

Gary

I guess we got away lucky then. We are about an hour north east of you in  Darwell and we have about 6". Our neighbors are stuck in Great Falls in a whiteout so it is a big storm

Harold

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky