GMG issues.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DocSteve

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 27, 2018
Have a GMG Daniel Boone. Have had a few issues w/ it that customer service has taken care of quickly.
1st issue was during startup. Kept getting a Fail message the 1st time. Reset and fired up fine.
Was annoying to pay that much and have to plan on starting it up twice every time.
Talked to CS and they said it could be the control board. Sent a replacement w/n days. Not only that, upgraded it to a wifi board.

Next issue I had was pretty much the same thing. This time I got a little more into it. If I wiggled the ignitor a little, it heated up. So I learned everytime I cooked, I cleaned out the pot and wiggled it.
Got tired of it, called CS. They sent out a replacement inigtor.
I haven't installed it yet so I dont know if that's the fix. Hope so. I just haven't felt like crawling under the grill. I have meat building up in my freezer so I will have to soon.

Reactions: Pelagic
That’s no good Doc, glad gmg customer service is really good and sent replacement parts.

Only issue I have had is my drip tray warped, called them and a new one arrived next day. I don’t think the warp caused any problems.

Ya, I've had 2 issues w/ mine. I thought my 1st was my own mouth breathing misunderstanding on how to work the grill.
They stood tall and replaced the motherbored. Wifi upgrade for free. Great CS.
The second issue, fail notice. I just replaced the ignitor tonight so we'll see how it goes.
Defrosting a pastrami to smoke, gonna be a couple days.

Now I'm getting pissed off. Replaced the ignitor and the grill wont get above room temp for startup.
Keeps dumping pellets into the hopper. Clean it out and every 10 seconds it dumps more.
The entire control panel and ignitor have been replaced.
Contacted CS...again. See what they say.

Attachments

• 20190520_084451.jpg
    20190520_084451.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 26
Havent heard from CS in a day or so. Last contact was asking if I had the wifi board. Guessing they can do a remote check...
I dont have wifi.
Havent heard back from them.

Sounds like it’s not igniting. Have you got a dealer near you, they might be able to help you troubleshoot.

Now I'm getting pissed off. Replaced the ignitor and the grill wont get above room temp for startup.
Keeps dumping pellets into the hopper. Clean it out and every 10 seconds it dumps more.
The entire control panel and ignitor have been replaced.
Contacted CS...again. See what they say.
I had that happen once, couldn't understand why the auger seemed to be just running constantly and I was only at 56! Pulled the plug, cleaned out the full firepot of pellets, dumped some back in and started with a torch. I obviously put too much back in because it blew by the set temp, but came back down. Never had another problem since with the igniter. I am always watching and listening now during startup!

An Ace Hardware. Waiting for a reply back from CS.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky