Global Warming Arrives

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GaryHibbert

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Well it appears global warming has finally hit Alberta. This morning, when I got up at 5:30 it was -39 with a wind chill of -46. By 2 o'lock in the afternoon, I switched to a t-shirt and shorts--it was only -34 and starting to cool down to a more reasonable temperature.
Gary

That just stinks! Makes me shiver! And I'm somewhat used to cold.

Ryan

Well it appears global warming has finally hit Alberta. This morning, when I got up at 5:30 it was -39 with a wind chill of -46. By 2 o'lock in the afternoon, I switched to a t-shirt and shorts--it was only -34 and starting to cool down to a more reasonable temperature.
Gary
-40c = -40f

Been there, done that.

Stay cool.

That's chilly Gary. Crap is coming my way, not quite that bad. -25° tonight with a high of -16° tomorrow.
Just got done cleaning up the back side of the house , 18" dumping we got. Had to do the roof as sewer vents and other vents all buried.
20211228_135247.jpg 20211228_162004.jpg
Still got driveway to contend with tomorrow ( I need an apartment ) lol
20211227_164322.jpg

That's chilly Gary. Crap is coming my way, not quite that bad. -25° tonight with a high of -16° tomorrow.
Just got done cleaning up the back side of the house , 18" dumping we got. Had to do the roof as sewer vents and other vents all buried.
View attachment 520405 View attachment 520406
View attachment 520407
Can you please just be selfish and keep it all to yourself! Sad thing is I kinda want some snow...want to try out my son's new snowblower! I cheat and use tractor and or skidloader.

Ryan

My tractor is sitting in the barn with a hay spear hooked up, but the grader blade is right behind it, just in case it's needed. The heck with standing in the snow trying to hook it up if I need it.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
The bucket is on my skid steer just in case of course it would have to get out of these 80's I was in it a couple days ago had to have the ac on :emoji_laughing:

Rub it in, why don't ya :emoji_stuck_out_tongue: It's been unseasonably warm here in Kentucky, but it won't last.

Gary

Yes heard you guys are going through a nice spell of weather, that's too cold for me
My son is in Vancouver , says he hates the weather back home ( East ) that's why he lives in BC.
Well they have snow and very cold for Vancouver now, Might as well come home, ha ha

We were doing ok , until last night 5 " of snow . but only 0 (c)

David

Had a cousin and his two young daughters up from Florida for Christmas, should have seen their faces light up when it snowed just a little! Was fun watching them go play in it.

Ryan

Reactions: DougE
View attachment 520405 View attachment 520406
View attachment 520407

18"?? Man that is UGLY!! The most we've had in one go is about 12", and that was too much.
Gary

I work outside a lot with my job. Granted, Missouri doesn't get the crazy temps that Gary has right now, but the coldest day that I had ever worked outside in was -15F with hardly a breeze and sunny. On a personal basis, as long as it was covered up, it wasn't that bad. The equipment, on the other hand, did not like it one bit.

34F windy and and sleeting is the worst IMHO.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky