Getting Back (Summer Sausage Time)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Gotta get back into the sausage again (finally)

Owens BBQ Garlic SS.

Going back to mixing my dry with some cold distilled water.
Beef/pork
IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

All mixed. Had to go back to the KA and dough hook (arthritis, surgery on the 29th)
IMG_1322.jpg

TIP
The bowl will tell you if you have to much fat (excess fat sticking to the sides or on the hook)
IMG_1323.jpg

Put in container.
IMG_1324.jpg

Cover with clear wrap and the lid.
IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

Now in the fridge for couple days.
IMG_1327.jpg

BBL

Reactions: jcam222 and chopsaw
Yea Rick, the weather has changed just enough that I want to start the smokers up & start making sausages again. As a matter of fact I smoked ribs on Sunday & smoked a huge fattie last night. Can't wait until it really cools down, the cheese stash is getting pretty thin! And I NEED some lox!
Al

Yea Rick, the weather has changed just enough that I want to start the smokers up & start making sausages again. As a matter of fact I smoked ribs on Sunday & smoked a huge fattie last night. Can't wait until it really cools down, the cheese stash is getting pretty thin! And I NEED some lox!
Al

I hear ya Al. Been pretty warm to get out there. Not much time with my wife getting the chemo. She starts radiation on the 28th for 6 weeks.

Now looks like rain this week. Have to adjust the smoker under the awning for it.

Yay

Got the big one out.
IMG_1338.jpg

All stuffed up.
IMG_1339.jpg

Hanging to dry some.
IMG_1340.jpg

Now smoke em up. Pit Boss vert pellet smoker on the smoke setting at 130* for couple hours.
IMG_1341.jpg

Looks real good Rick!
But where do you store all this stuff in an RV?
Do you still have your SM smoker?
Al

Looks real good Rick!
But where do you store all this stuff in an RV?
Do you still have your SM smoker?
Al

Al

My smokers can go under the front. I still have my SM smoker.

After my wife is done with radiation we may look into a house, getting burnt out on RV.

Reactions: chopsaw
Ok now

Time to cut the GSS and taste. Owens Garlic SS mix never disappoints.
IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

Vac seal time now.

Reactions: daveomak
:emoji_laughing:

All sliced up. Back in fridge for while.
IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

All vac sealed. My wife is taking these up to daughters in ATL on sunday.
IMG_1382.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky