Gator Stuffed Mushrooms

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Yofrankie

Original poster
Oct 25, 2020
It’s getting close to that time to apply for your gator quota hunt for us swamp folks :) Last year the hubby got a monster and I’ve been coming up with creative ways to cook it. These stuffed mushrooms were a big hit.
The recipe can be altered to your liking, so I’m not going to list quantities.

Portabella mushrooms- remove stems (save for another dish)
Cream cheese (room temp)
Egg
Bread crumbs (reserve a little for topping)
Gator meat (ran through my mini-food processor to shred)
Hot sauce
Fresh jalapeños (chopped small)
Season if you want but if using seasoned breadcrumbs it’s not really necessary
Mix everything and overstuff the mushrooms
Sprinkle tops with breadcrumbs and fresh grated Parmesan
Spray or brush tops with olive oil (optional)
Grill or smoke.
delicious!

Gator is pretty good, the couple times I had it in FL. Your way would have been much better than the deep fried bits I had.

As a side question, do you do anything with the hide from the gators?

Reactions: Yofrankie
It’s getting close to that time to apply for your gator quota hunt for us swamp folks :) Last year the hubby got a monster and I’ve been coming up with creative ways to cook it. These stuffed mushrooms were a big hit.
The recipe can be altered to your liking, so I’m not going to list quantities.

Portabella mushrooms- remove stems (save for another dish)
Cream cheese (room temp)
Egg
Bread crumbs (reserve a little for topping)
Gator meat (ran through my mini-food processor to shred)
Hot sauce
Fresh jalapeños (chopped small)
Season if you want but if using seasoned breadcrumbs it’s not really necessary
Mix everything and overstuff the mushrooms
Sprinkle tops with breadcrumbs and fresh grated Parmesan
Spray or brush tops with olive oil (optional)
Grill or smoke.
delicious!
Sounds delicious! Thanks for the recipe. This will go great as an appetizer with my Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout, and smoked bratwurst, sauerkraut and scalloped potato casserole! !🍻
John

Reactions: Yofrankie
Tastes like chicken..:emoji_grinning: We have a hunting season for them here in South Carolina, but I've never applied for a permit. The rules are kind of convoluted in my opinion...
or does chicken taste like gator :emoji_confused: , fortunately we don't need to worry about them up here,

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky