Stuffed artichokes, mushrooms, zucchini with a side of chicken thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man oh man you are killing it with these cooks.

I do have to ask, do you remove the fuz on the chokes or do you just eat down to the purple leaves?

Reactions: flatbroke
Man oh man you are killing it with these cooks.

I do have to ask, do you remove the fuz on the chokes or do you just eat down to the purple leaves?
Thank you. I aint itching like a man on a fuzzy tree LOL. I cook with the fuzz in then take out after to get to eating each leaf, to get to the best part, the Heart.

L
Fired up big Jake with Oak wood. Trimmed some artichokes, View attachment 663018View attachment 663019
Made up a stuffing with Parmesan, pecarino Romano cheeses, fresh parsley, garlic and shallots chopped with cracked pepper and olive oil. Topped and stuffed best could and in to a CI pan fitting of Big Jake.

View attachment 663020
Next on to portabello mushroom caps, cleaned gills, and stuffed with breadcrumbs mix from artichokes to absorb moisture then stuffed with smoked mozzarella, grape tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, fresh basil, fresh garlic and capers with a balsamic glaze reduction . Onto a basket and in Jake View attachment 663021View attachment 663022View attachment 663023View attachment 663024
Sliced up some zucchini spears seasoned and added also.
Seasoned up some chicken thighs with kosmo killer bee season let rest for 2 hrs before loading in Jake. View attachment 663026
Let the smoker run in tel Tru at 300 for 1.5 hrs
Before started taking stuff off as it finished.
The artichokes were drizzled with a mayo, garlic, butter and some seasoning topping.
But the mushrooms were the star of the show. OMG View attachment 663029View attachment 663030View attachment 663031View attachment 663032View attachment 663033View attachment 663052View attachment 663142View attachment 663143forgot to add the photo of the choke stuffing
Our artichoke plants are doing good this year too. View attachment 663144
Love it all!
And you got artichoke plants? Where you at? California? We love artichokes. Did you have to remove some of the inner petals in order for the stuffing to fit?

L

Love it all!
And you got artichoke plants? Where you at? California? We love artichokes. Did you have to remove some of the inner petals in order for the stuffing to fit?
Thanks, chop the ends off as shown, and kind of spread out outward to stuff in between the petals, dont want to over stuff as not to take away from the choke itself.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky