Garlic Rice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Sinangag is a staple in the Philippines for breakfast

Starts with day old rice fried with garlic

Today I used 2 eggs,2 garlic toes diced 1 1/2 cups rice and some garlic salt

1 1/2 cups rice

scramble eggs set aside

brown garlic lightly

add some rice to stop the cooking

add more oil the remainder of the rice and some garlic salt to taste

return the eggs to the wok break them up folding into the rice

serve with Tasino,eggs,Langanisa  

As they say in the Philippines Masarap

Thanks for looking

Richie

Late to the party but my compliments to Richie for a great visual recipe.  I like everything in this recipe so I think I'll give it a try.

Late to the party but my compliments to Richie for a great visual recipe.  I like everything in this recipe so I think I'll give it a try.
Jack you can't be late here.the party is always going on.Thanks for stopping post it up when you make it.Thanks for stopping by

Richie

Jack you can't be late here.the party is always going on.Thanks for stopping post it up when you make it.Thanks for stopping by

Richie
Good to know that I'm not too late after all. 
banana_smiley.gif

I'll post up my results.

Richie
Hey Richie;  Thanks again for the recipe. 
icon14.gif

I took the liberty to add a couple splashes of Mae Ploy Sweet Sweet Chili sauce and some chopped green onions.

I fried it up in my wok using drippings from my home made bacon.  Had some of the bacon with the Garlic rice.

This was a great breakfast and I will try it again.

Hey Richie;  Thanks again for the recipe. 
icon14.gif

I took the liberty to add a couple splashes of Mae Ploy Sweet Sweet Chili sauce and some chopped green onions.

I fried it up in my wok using drippings from my home made bacon.  Had some of the bacon with the Garlic rice.

This was a great breakfast and I will try it again.

Now I want breakfast and didn't have my dimmer yet,nice job.I like to use hot sauce on mine.Glad you liked it.

Richie

Great job! Amazing how something so simple can taste great!...JJ

Last edited:

Great job! Amazing how something so simple can taste great!...JJ
You're right about that Jimmy.

It's like a comfort food that I had no knowledge of before trying it.  You wouldn't want to over complicate it.  I tried it before adding the Chili sauce and onions, and didn't overdo either of those when I added them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky