Frozen Brisket good or bad?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

binnesman

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 23, 2021
I have a new butcher in the area called Wild Fork all there products are frozen. I have tried several of them with great success. Has anyone used a frozen brisket before? They have a very nice looking prime frozen brisket and was wondering how it would be to smoke after thawing of course. The brisket looks better then the prime sold at Costco but a little more expensive as well. As anyone used a Brisket they have Frozen before?

I buy cryovac brisket and freeze them for future smokes all the time. There is no quality loss. Many higher end companies like snake river farms and porter road ship frozen.

Reactions: RichGTS and PPG1
Like Jake, I would not be afraid of a frozen prime brisket at all. Give that company a try.

No issues at all. I also freeze briskets when on sale and use later. I think even better is that Wildfork flash freezes the meat. I’m going to start ordering some mail order from them.

I buy cryovac brisket and freeze them for future smokes all the time. There is no quality loss. Many higher end companies like snake river farms and porter road ship frozen.
Yup same here

I raise my own beef (Dexter cows) and the processor freezes all of the meat after butchering. No issues at all with briskets, or other cuts either. That Dexter beef is some of the best you can get.

Reactions: binnesman
I have used WFF for about 2 years, and was a bit worried because everything they sell is frozen, but the are flash frozen. And everything that I have ordered from has been excellent and at a better price than I can buy locally.
I am a member so I get free overnight shipping for free. I only costs about $30 per year. I guess Biden want us all to be vegans, and I have to say that we eat vegetarian most of the time, but last night I had a 45 day dry aged ribeye & a baked potato. So I do cheat on my diet, and it was excellent!
Al

No issues at all. I also freeze briskets when on sale and use later. I think even better is that Wildfork flash freezes the meat. I’m going to start ordering some mail order from them.
Yup same here
I'm in complete agreement.

I've cooked wildfork's briskets many times. They're great.
I have used WFF for about 2 years, and was a bit worried because everything they sell is frozen, but the are flash frozen. And everything that I have ordered from has been excellent and at a better price than I can buy locally.
I am a member so I get free overnight shipping for free. I only costs about $30 per year. I guess Biden want us all to be vegans, and I have to say that we eat vegetarian most of the time, but last night I had a 45 day dry aged ribeye & a baked potato. So I do cheat on my diet, and it was excellent!
Al
I ordered a prime brisket from Wild Fork Friday. Came around 9 am yesterday. Obviously still thawing in the fridge, but it looks very nice.

Did y'all do much trimming on yours? Mine looks like it won' need much trimming.

The frozen part doesn't bother me, I just need to order several and plan 2 or 3 days ahead for cooks.

I ordered a prime brisket from Wild Fork Friday. Came around 9 am yesterday. Obviously still thawing in the fridge, but it looks very nice.

Did y'all do much trimming on yours? Mine looks like it won' need much trimming.

The frozen part doesn't bother me, I just need to order several and plan 2 or 3 days ahead for cooks.

Mine came pretty well trimmed, but it was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. I believe it was 18#. They really give you your money’s worth, but with the beef shortage & inflation, I would expect to see them raise their prices. BTW their seafood is excellent too. I use their sushi grade salmon to make my lox with, and it’s cheaper than the regular wild caught salmon at Publix.
Al

Reactions: Displaced Texan
Mine came pretty well trimmed, but it was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. I believe it was 18#. They really give you your money’s worth, but with the beef shortage & inflation, I would expect to see them raise their prices. BTW their seafood is excellent too. I use their sushi grade salmon to make my lox with, and it’s cheaper than the regular wild caught salmon at Publix.
Al
Mine is only 11.5 pounds, $4.98/lb. The reason I even looked at this was I went to Costco Friday and all they had was flats at $8.99/lb. Um, no. Called a second location and same thing. I thought they always carried whole briskets. Anyway, the WF brisket is a dollar less per pound anyway and look better.

Can't wait to smoke it. And, yes, I heard their seafood is really good.

I also will put down the $29 for the Unlimited Local membership. Looks like a great deal.

Thanks!

I have not cooked mine still frozen but looks amazing and looks like little trim needed.

Reactions: Displaced Texan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky