From the swamps of Baton Rouge, Louisiana

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ed in Baton Rouge

Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
I had a wonderful Texas offset smoker for 15 years. It was a Smokemaster built with 1/4" plate. But, I never covered it and it succumbed to rust. I should have covered it, it would have lasted a lifetime. Also have a stainless Meco electric smoker, which I recently refurbished. But, the big news is that I scored a ceramic Pit Boss egg-type smoker/grill recently. Found it in the neighborhood want ads for sale for $200. So far I've cooked burgers, chicken, stuffed pork loins, and a skirt steak for fajitas on the egg. I love it. Dramatically changing the way I approach grilling. I'm a lump coal only man now.

Welcome aboard

Look forward to hearing about more of you BBQ/smoking experiences on this forum.

Also feel free to post any Cajun/Creole cooking experiences here too. My 2 favorite styles of American food BBQ and Cajun /Creole. Last night I made up some fish a la Creole and it was great!!

Welcome Ed.
Nice score on the smoker,the Red Stick weather shouldn't have much of an effect on it,except hurricanes.Get a cover with all the money you saved :cool:

Welcome aboard

Look forward to hearing about more of you BBQ/smoking experiences on this forum.

Also feel free to post any Cajun/Creole cooking experiences here too. My 2 favorite styles of American food BBQ and Cajun /Creole. Last night I made up some fish a la Creole and it was great!!

My wife is Cajun, so we can handle that.

Reactions: ksblazer
Welcome Ed.
Nice score on the smoker,the Red Stick weather shouldn't have much of an effect on it,except hurricanes.Get a cover with all the money you saved :cool:
Hey, it's so heavy (250 lbs.) I don't think a hurricane will budge it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky