From Cow, To Me, To Grill: It's Tomahawk Time (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man that is a pile of A++ beef Robert. I’d eat that steak for any meal of the day including 4th meal haha. I’ll have to give that rub a try too.

Absolutely my friend. Here ya go:
3 T Montreal steak seasoning ground in a spice grinder
2 t Garlic powder
2 t Chili powder
1 ½ t Smoked Spanish paprika
1 t Black pepper
½ t Guajaillo pepper
1 t Ancho pepper
½ t Arbol pepper
¾ t Cayenne
1 ½ t Sugar
1 t salt
1 t Onion powder
1 ½ t Beef bouillon

As for the Montreal, it's just a good start. I could have recreated it but why spend hours trying to figure it out when it's already done. This does not make much so I'd suggest doing 2-3 times the recipe. Thank you sir!! Robert

Thanks Robert! I have most of the seasonings on hand tho I'll have to go shopping for some of the peppers. RAY

The Beef is great, no doubt. The Rub with the Chiles sounds really good...JJ

Thank you Jake. Seems as though you and John are my biggest supporters of that rub. I threw that together one afternoon before a friendly backyard beef rib cook-off. Been a staple ever since.

Absolutely my friend. Here ya go:

3 T Montreal steak seasoning ground in a spice grinder
2 t Garlic powder
2 t Chili powder
1 ½ t Smoked Spanish paprika
1 t Black pepper
½ t Guajaillo pepper
1 t Ancho pepper
½ t Arbol pepper
¾ t Cayenne
1 ½ t Sugar
1 t salt
1 t Onion powder
1 ½ t Beef bouillon

As for the Montreal, it's just a good start. I could have recreated it but why spend hours trying to figure it out when it's already done. This does not make much so I'd suggest doing 2-3 times the recipe.

Thank you sir!!

Robert
Robert, I just tried your Beef Rub. Wow! It was great. I was worried it might be too spicy, but it was just right. I had to ordewr some of the pepper spices, but got from Amazon in 1 day. Would you believ the 1 thing I had trouble getting was the Beef Boullion? I couldn't find any in power form, so I chopped up 2 cubes then ground them in the spice grinder. Very good for a change of pace. I usually use Jeff's Texas Rub for all Beef, and we love that. The Mrs. doesn't like anything that's even mildly spicy, so this is just for me, or if we have company. Thanks for the recipe my friend.

Reactions: TNJAKE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky