Fried Turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Murray

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 30, 2018
Grande Cache Alberta
A4D1B553-EC17-4304-B45E-CD2E60F792F4.jpeg

My friend fried one last weekend. His comes out the best. Brines with a spicy brine. He uses lower temp then most. 300 degees and 4 minutes a lb. He been doing them for many years and says the lower temp works better.

My friend fried one last weekend. His comes out the best. Brines with a spicy brine. He uses lower temp then most. 300 degees and 4 minutes a lb. He been doing them for many years and says the lower temp works better.
I was wondering if you know anything about his brine (or injection)? I'm going to try the 300 degree method, but mine is injected and has rub. Happy Thanksgiving--count your blessings. Thanks, Charlie

I think he does 300. He been busy processing deer and making sausage today and can't get a hold of him. He does some kind of Tony Chachere he makes himself.

Last edited:
I was wondering if you know anything about his brine (or injection)? I'm going to try the 300 degree method, but mine is injected and has rub. Happy Thanksgiving--count your blessings. Thanks, Charlie
I just talked to him and said drop turkey in at 350 then hold at 300 for 4 minutes time actual weight. They come out perfect and really nice color. He says elevation can effect that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky