• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Fried Turkey

noboundaries

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
Yep. Fire departments respond to more than a thousand fires a year caused by folks attempting to deep fry a turkey. Physics in action: displacement, hot oil, and the slightest amount of water or ice make for great "hold my beer and watch this" moments.

chilerelleno

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2016
That's a misspelling...
Supposed to be "Fired Turkey".
LMAO!

Looking at the pic, I'd say they likely weren't doing turkeys, but instead were doing Cracklings.

Murray

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 30, 2018
It’s not really a Smoking topic but with American Thanksgiving coming up thought it was appropriate.

Brian Trommater

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 1, 2018
My friend fried one last weekend. His comes out the best. Brines with a spicy brine. He uses lower temp then most. 300 degees and 4 minutes a lb. He been doing them for many years and says the lower temp works better.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.