Fried Potato and Ham Stuffed Breakfast Fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dang Jeanie, That looks great, when did you say breakfast was?
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

that looks incredible as all your posts do, i want to thank you for not entering the monthly throwdowns so far, that way the rest of the entries have a chance, you would easily win every month!!!

Your weaves amaze me, the fattie looks great also.
icon_smile.gif
Someday I'll get around to making one of those piston things, I'm thinking hydraulics of some sort.
icon_cool.gif

Incredible looking fattie. I'm going to have to give this thing a try soon. I keep putting it off, but I don't think I can keep holding out.

Thanks for the kind comments and points everybody!
cool.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I have pictures of how I do a bacon weave.. I'll see if I can find them.

Meateater.. I like the sound of your hydraulic version... keep me posted if you make one.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I made my piston using schedule 40 or potable water rated pvc.
The larger piece has a 2" inside diameter and is about 8" long.
The "Piston" rod is 1" pvc and it's 11" long.
I put a cap on one end of the rod to fit the palm of my hand and cut a disc from some heavy plastic for the other end.

It's not fancy but fun to use....

here is an older post using the piston.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=82480

The originator of the piston idea (Grillinski) has set up a web site to sell his piston if you don't want to make one...
http://www.fattiepistons.blogspot.com/

It's made a bit different than mine but looks like it works fine.

Thanks again friends, the fattie was tasty!

Thanks Terry!
cool.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

I'm a stickler for crisp bacon.. the pictures probably make it look crisper than it is but during the last part of my smoke, I kick the heat up... and try to get the bacon as crisp as possible. It's not as easy in my horizontal wood burner, but I move the fattie close to my fire box where it's hotter and rotate it.
It's easier for me to get it crisp in my drum.

I'm not a fan of limpy bacon.
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif
biggrin.gif

It didn't matter much anyway.. the creamy gravy sort of took care of most of the crispyness (is that a word?) lol

Thanks again Terry!!

That looks amazingly delicious. Great job as always. You are a great example of why this board is so cool. Great job. Thanks for sharing. :-)
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

If I might interject, for the Fattie Piston. Just whipped out 6 of them for a get-together tomorrow. Mine are similar: Schedule 40 Water PVC, 2" -8" in length, Substitute 1 1/4" Schedule 40 PVC - 11" in length (instead of 1" PVC pipe). Glue two 1 1/4" CAPS on the ends of the 1 1/4" piece.

You'll see that the 1 1/4" piece just slides through the 2". I used schedule 40 because I like beefy tools. You'll have to drive over the piston to damage or break it. Unlikely, but if there's a little too much slop on the piston end, wrap a couple layers of saran wrap over it.

While the caps are slightly rounded on the ends, when you push your Fattie material out, you'll be fussing with the ends of the Fattie anyway.

Be sure that the glue you use is something similar to Christy's Red Hot Blue Glue, PVC Pipe Cement. Must be suitable for Potable PVC PIPE.

Final credit however goes upchannel to cowgirl for introducing the idea to us.

~Dave

Oh my god! That fatty looks incredible. Placed on a biscuit, topped with the egg and gravy...my mouth is watering. Absolutely phenomenal!
points.gif

Thanks RdK, Doug, Dave and Tom!
biggrin.gif

Dave is right, you can make the piston any size you like and cut extra tubes to chill more filling at the same time.

Cowgirl,
I had soup for dinner.
I'm not going to even look at your pictures... I'm giving you points and calling it a day!
points.gif

Tracey

Thank you Captsly, Lee, New Vision and Tracey!
biggrin.gif
It was tasty!

Tracey..... lol Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky