• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Fridge interior paint and insulation

jtbrewing100

Joined Jan 1, 2022
Hi,
I gutted this fridge and removed all of the insulation (some was moldy). It's now an empty cabinet. I'm going to start off using it as a cold smoker for cheese and sausages. Any issues with the interior paint (toxicity and fumes)? I will probably eventually upgrade it to a hot smoker and add some rockwool and sheet metal over that. Thank you in advance for any info or advice.
John T

Attachments

• fridge.JPG
    fridge.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 22

912smoker

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
No help on the fridge but welcome to SMF from SE Ga and I'm sure help will be along shortly

kit s

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 2, 2017
Have used fridge before , no problems...figure it is safe enough around foods when it was operational so should be good after a good cleaning. Used for hot smoke as well as cold, and no health issue ever came up.

jtbrewing100

Joined Jan 1, 2022
Have used fridge before , no problems...figure it is safe enough around foods when it was operational so should be good after a good cleaning. Used for hot smoke as well as cold, and no health issue ever came up.
I’mma going for it!! Be a fun project.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.