Fridge interior paint and insulation

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jtbrewing100

Original poster
Jan 1, 2022
Hi,
I gutted this fridge and removed all of the insulation (some was moldy). It's now an empty cabinet. I'm going to start off using it as a cold smoker for cheese and sausages. Any issues with the interior paint (toxicity and fumes)? I will probably eventually upgrade it to a hot smoker and add some rockwool and sheet metal over that. Thank you in advance for any info or advice.
John T

Attachments

• fridge.JPG
    fridge.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 33
Have used fridge before , no problems...figure it is safe enough around foods when it was operational so should be good after a good cleaning. Used for hot smoke as well as cold, and no health issue ever came up.

Reactions: jtbrewing100
Have used fridge before , no problems...figure it is safe enough around foods when it was operational so should be good after a good cleaning. Used for hot smoke as well as cold, and no health issue ever came up.
I’mma going for it!! Be a fun project.

Reactions: kit s
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky