Friday fish

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

randyrayd

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 8, 2017
Sneads Ferry, NC
Some of you may sacrifice during Lent. One thing I do is no meat Fridays. I felt guilty yesterday because this meal was no sacrifice.

Everything was cooked on one cookie sheet in the oven. The fish and asparagus had a butter/dilweed/lemon/garlic sauce and the potatoes were coated with Jeff's Texas rub. Potatoes for about 15 minutes @ 400*, turn them, then add
20200327_182912.jpg
asparagus and salmon for another 10 minutes.

That's a fine looking plate of food!! What kind of fish was it? As good as the fish looks, I could make a meal just out of the taters and asparagus!!

Robert

Nice meal! This is just a coincidence but I am going to have about the same for dinner today... It's going to be fried (can't smoke - it's rainy outside) red sniper. Not particularly my favorite fish but I kept it vac sealed in the freezer for quite some time....

Looks great! Salmon and asparagus is almost a weekly thing for us.

Your question about going vegan was kind of a wake-up slap in the face for me. I need to be much more careful about what I post so people don't think I've totally lost my mind or my approach to preparing a meal :emoji_laughing:

It was a typo, I swear :emoji_wink:
Robert

:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing: Robert, I was just "ribbing" you a little. :emoji_angel:

:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing: Robert, I was just "ribbing" you a little. :emoji_angel:

I know you were. No offense taken at all. Everything is in good fun....and I was just poking fun at myself. I'd hate to ruin my image of being the quintessential carnivore by making comments about living off veggies. That'd be an abomination!!

Now...which steaks am I gonna cook today??
Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky