1st Calzone, Smoked Ham and Cheese+ 2 New BBQ toys/tools,

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks inviting David, I usually do all things pizza related in the oven, you may have just changed that. RAY

Thanks Ray for the like and the comment

it was very good, next time I know I can use more fillers . Now that I know the stone a little better.

I installed a back sheet metal piece on the back of the grill to keep more heat inside the Q and now with the stone I can reach very high heat for my Q baking needs.

I did a lot of pizza in the Q before but just on a pan and had to regulate the cover , now can't wait to do a pizza on the stone.

David

Im impressed! Looks great! I was tossing around the idea a stone last year and just got busy with life and forgot. This has rekindled my interest!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Im impressed! Looks great! I was tossing around the idea a stone last year and just got busy with life and forgot. This has rekindled my interest!

Thanks for the like and the comment

It was good and fun to do.

i had a small round stone and really did not use it . But when I saw this one I had to give it a go because of the size and the things I think I can do with it

David

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Very nice! There is all kinds of good stuff you can wrap and toast in that now! I can see many future posts of a grown mans "hot pocket"!!!!

Very nice! There is all kinds of good stuff you can wrap and toast in that now! I can see many future posts of a grown mans "hot pocket"!!!!

Thanks civil for the like and the comment

You are right there. Couple nice pizzas first than a nice Bernalee ( spelling ?? ) a greek cheese boat I was shown how to make back in the restaurant days

David

Reactions: civilsmoker
Thanks civil for the like and the comment

You are right there. Couple nice pizzas first than a nice Bernalee ( spelling ?? ) a greek cheese boat I was shown how to make back in the restaurant days

David
I was thinking of brisket and mac & cheese........LOL

Oh my David! You nailed it. That Stretching out the dough is tough for me!

Thanks Brian for the love and the comment

It does take a little practice, i used to be able to toss/spin them in the air at one time . Will not try now as Mona would make me clean up the kitchen from all the flour dust in the air if I did , lol

It was a very nice calzone , and a couple pizzas are in my future. :emoji_yum: :emoji_laughing:

David

David, that looks delicious! Haven't made calzones for a long time... maybe after spring fieldwork there will be more time!

Ryan

David, that looks delicious! Haven't made calzones for a long time... maybe after spring fieldwork there will be more time!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the love and the comment

The calzone was fun to make and more fun to eat. :emoji_yum: 🤠

Very busy time of year for you I bet. Hope you get some time to soke some treats soon

David

Looks excellent, David. Very nice job.
Gary

Thanks Gary for the like and the comment

It was a good calzone, and next time a little more filler now that I know the stone works good.

Gary hope the fires are calming down out there and you guys are still safe, Nova Scotia was about to send out some firefighters to help, but we just had a big fire break out in the valley here ( no where near where I am at ) and it is eating up a lot of area fast.

David

Reactions: GaryHibbert
Thanks Gary for the like and the comment

It was a good calzone, and next time a little more filler now that I know the stone works good.

Gary hope the fires are calming down out there and you guys are still safe, Nova Scotia was about to send out some firefighters to help, but we just had a big fire break out in the valley here ( no where near where I am at ) and it is eating up a lot of area fast.

David
Sure glad that fire's no where you, David. Pretty sure we're going to be OK--just adding to my post about that.
Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky