Fresh Brats Updated

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by bmudd14474, Jun 15, 2011.

1. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I have been waiting some brats for a while so I broke out the grinder and stuff, a 14lb pack of boneless shoulder and all the fixins.

I only took 1 picture so im slacking there but they were really good. I would really encourage anyone who hasnt made their own sausage to give it a whirl. Its easy to do and beats the hell out of the store stuff.

Thanks for looking.

2. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    MMMMMMM!

Those look great!!

Craig

3. oliver

oliver Newbie

bmudd, those look awesome. For 4 years now a bunch of us get together one Saturday in March and do around 350lbs - 400lbs of brats, italians, and hungarien. Yea your right after eating the homemade ones,the store stuff doesn't taste is good.

4. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Normally id do more but only have 1 cryo pack of pork left. Time to get another case or 2 I guess. That will make the cabela's grinder and the stuffer very happy.

5. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Great job Brian! Nothing like home made I agree. [​IMG]

6. Brian those brats look fantastic...sure could go for a few of those right now!!! 

Coming from Wisconsin the brat is king of sausage here...and those brats would look great at a Packer tailgate party!!! [​IMG]

7. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Those look tasty my friend

8. bmudd14474

Thanks. I would send you some but they might not make it.

Thanks Gary. They were really good. Everyone that got a sample loved them.

9. fishwrestler

fishwrestler Smoking Fanatic Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

Brian,

Man those look fantastic

Robert

10. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Ditto

Them looks good

Messaging you my addy right now....LOL

11. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice looking brats, Brian.

Maybe next time you drive by here, you can drop some off !

Thanks,

Bear

12. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Thanks for the 1 pic slacker................. Nice looking sausage................

13. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

man those look good. I love me some brats. How long do you hit with the smoke?

14. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

They look great! Can't beat homemade for sure!

15. bmudd14474

[quote name="realtorterry" url="/forum/thread/107697/fresh-brats#post_646699"]
    man those look good. I love me some brats. How long do you hit with the smoke?
    [/quote]

These were fresh so ill hot smoke them for a hour or 2 until they get to 145-150 then finish on a hot grill to crisp.

Thanks for the comments everyone. They are really good. Cant wait to have more.

16. They look really good. Nice fat distribution and great color.

17. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice looking sausage.

Good luck and good smoking.

18. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks good Brian,

How about grilling some of those up and give us more Qview  [​IMG]

19. chef willie

chef willie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

great looking brats....and I like the idea of fresh, then hot smoking them....a good start for a beginning sausage wanna-be maker like me. I'm still slackin' on makin' some...

20. bmudd14474

[quote name="raptor700" url="/forum/thread/107697/fresh-brats#post_646850"]
    Looks good Brian,

How about grilling some of those up and give us more Qview  [​IMG]
    [/quote]

I will Smo-Grill them soon. Wont be til sunday at the earliest. I am cooking for 250 saturday so the next 2 days are out. :sausage: