• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Freedom Day !

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
My friend who was stuck on the Grand Princess and then sent to quarantine at a military base in San Diego for two weeks just emailed me to say they were driving he and his wife to a Hertz rental car facility at 11 this morning. Been a long haul when I think about it, being at home ain't so bad. He reported poor food and no booze at the base, never going on another cruise as long as he lives. RAY

noboundaries

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
RAY, so glad to hear they remained virus free and are now headed home. Thank you for sharing their trials with us and keeping us informed.

Ray

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Good news. I'll bet they'll be really glad to be home! They'll be locked down but at least at home.
What an ordeal...

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
I have to wonder what kind of military base has no liquor allowed, they must have a Officer's Club. He said four out of 800 people brought there tested positive for Covid-19. I'm sure he'll make the 450 mile drive home in record time, he mentioned something about whisky, wine, and steak. RAY

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Wow Glad they are fine and going home.

Warren

Brokenhandle

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Glad to hear they are on the way home! What they have been through is something I can't imagine.

Ryan

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.