Fourth of July butt goodness

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

papa t

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 12, 2016
Harrietta Michigan
I had some extra time this weekend due to the Fourth of July so I thought I would try my first real low smoke on the pork butt she normally I smoked my pork butts at 275 to 300° because I don't have a lot of time but on Sunday I started one at 10:00 PM at 225° and smoked it all the way till the next day for the Fourth of July and it finished at 1:00 PM in the afternoon and inside temperature of 204 and it was awesome I don't mean to pat myself on the back but I will on this one received a lot of compliments from a lot of people that I just met on how well the pork was smoked I'd call that a success.
I first injected it with the mixture of orange juice apple juice apple cider vinegar onion powder Worcestershire sauce hot sauce tola house seasoning. Then I boiled them altogether then let it come to room temperature and then injected the pork butt then I covered it with the all faithful yellow mustard and then with the tola house seasoning . Then I went ahead and wrapped it in cling wrap and put it in the fridge for around 4 hours then i pulled it out and added some bacon to it since i was smoking it all night that way i would not have to keep squirting it with a spray bottle every 90 minutes or so.
Here are some pictures hopefully you enjoy them . ol
Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did and I want to personally thank everybody on the site who's made me an awesome smoker in my own mind LOL thank you

Thanks Al
This site and people like you have really helped me turn the smoker up a notch
Thanks again papa t

Nice job.....some really delicious looking PP!! 
icon14.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky