• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Forum Christmas exchange

jcam222

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Will we be doing it again this year? I thought it was enjoyable to scout for local goodies to exchange. Was also fun to read about everyone’s exchanges.

fivetricks

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 7, 2017
I'd like to think I'll be better prepared than last year gift wise, but I still can't think of anything good as I sit and type this.

hoity toit

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 4, 2011
Will we be doing it again this year? I thought it was enjoyable to scout for local goodies to exchange. Was also fun to read about everyone’s exchanges.
what kind of goodies are we talking about?

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
hoity toit Things from your local or rubs and other things I think last it was set at $20.00.

Warren

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Never tried it. Are the members matched randomly, or do you get to pick?...JJ

fivetricks

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 7, 2017
Members are matched randomly. Although there are side deals between members as well lol. But those are private gift exchanges :-D

Danno44

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 8, 2018
Sounds fun. So random assignment of person to gift to and it’s the givers choice or do those who enter list a couple suggestions on what they should like to try (I.e rubs, equipment/supplies)?

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
In the pass it has been something from your area that your receiver may not find or have in their area.

Warren

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Depends on what it is most rubs would proably be safe.

Warren

Steve H

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
I’m in but i don’t think that home made should be included..
That's a tough one. There plenty of people here that I fully trust to properly prepare food items. Last year I was given some pepperoni that was home made, dry cured. That was the best I've ever had. But, you do bring a valid point. One that I'm not qualified to answer. In both experience or authority of this site.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom