For all you snowed in guys, some poultry for todays smoke!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alblancher

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 6, 2009
Louisiana
I know most of you are snowed in today so I am braving the 37 degree temps and 14mph winds just for you.

A turkey and 2 chickens in the baby lang.  I'll update when I get a bit of color going, 

Al

b5decd27_poultry.jpg

Great job on the chix! Be sure to post more qview when you get it.

Kudos for braving the cold and the wind
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

An hour and 45 minutes later

4286e0a0_poultry1.jpg

The wind was blowing and the temps got a bit high, 300 degrees, even with all firebox dampers closed but hey it's poultry so 300 is ok with me.  Running around 250 now.

2 and a half hours into it the Turkey is at 144 and the chicks are at 156.  Going to let the temp go up a bit, it's 36 degrees outside and getting ready to rain, need to finish this up.

5eb0fc77_poultry2.jpg

BooBoo, protector of the pit says it's getting close

1732320e_booboo.jpg

a05ac898_booboo1.jpg

Looking good Al!!

Food that hits the floor there doesn't have a chance with the 5 second rule.

Have a great day

Craig

Pulled the turkey at 155 because it is starting to sleet and the temps are dropping.  Will finish in the oven

9e54a715_poultry3.jpg

Still a bit red at the bone so into a 350 oven until it comes up to 165

cc303e60_poultry5.jpg

Chickens are done, gonna wrap with a couple of towels and let rest until wifey comes home

efcd82dd_poultry6.jpg

Smoked poultry, a big bowl of vegetable soup and some iced green tea for dinner! 

Thanks for looking,

Al

You are braver than me I am actually thinking of changing my planned weekend smoke to a Chili cook so I can stay indoors.

Man that's some good looking stuff!  Thanks for posting and yes I'm envious!  I have a path dug through the snow/ice to the smoker outside (same one the dog uses...) but haven't used it in a month or so...  Yeah I'm a wuss!

I like the pictures of your dog too!

Man that looks good Al. Your dog is gonna get some of those birds cause how can you resist those eyes he's giving you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky