• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

For all you snowed in guys, some poultry for todays smoke!

alblancher

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Mar 6, 2009
I know most of you are snowed in today so I am braving the 37 degree temps and 14mph winds just for you.

A turkey and 2 chickens in the baby lang.  I'll update when I get a bit of color going, 

Al

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 28, 2005
Great job on the chix! Be sure to post more qview when you get it.

Kudos for braving the cold and the wind

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
Nice,keep the qview coming!!!!  Too much ice out there,so i'm staying inside today!!!

alblancher

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Mar 6, 2009
An hour and 45 minutes later

The wind was blowing and the temps got a bit high, 300 degrees, even with all firebox dampers closed but hey it's poultry so 300 is ok with me.  Running around 250 now.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks good Al, Bet you love that new Lang!

alblancher

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Mar 6, 2009
2 and a half hours into it the Turkey is at 144 and the chicks are at 156.  Going to let the temp go up a bit, it's 36 degrees outside and getting ready to rain, need to finish this up.

BooBoo, protector of the pit says it's getting close

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
Looking good Al!!

Food that hits the floor there doesn't have a chance with the 5 second rule.

Have a great day

Craig

alblancher

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Mar 6, 2009
Pulled the turkey at 155 because it is starting to sleet and the temps are dropping.  Will finish in the oven

Still a bit red at the bone so into a 350 oven until it comes up to 165

Chickens are done, gonna wrap with a couple of towels and let rest until wifey comes home

Smoked poultry, a big bowl of vegetable soup and some iced green tea for dinner! 

Thanks for looking,

Al

porked

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 2, 2009
NICE! Real NICE! Man they look good..I bet BooBoo is a happy camper, huh?

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
They look very good.  I save all the bones and scraps from mone and use to make chicken stock.  

ecto1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 22, 2010
You are braver than me I am actually thinking of changing my planned weekend smoke to a Chili cook so I can stay indoors.

hbark

Fire Starter
Joined May 28, 2010
Man that's some good looking stuff!  Thanks for posting and yes I'm envious!  I have a path dug through the snow/ice to the smoker outside (same one the dog uses...) but haven't used it in a month or so...  Yeah I'm a wuss!

I like the pictures of your dog too!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Man that looks good Al. Your dog is gonna get some of those birds cause how can you resist those eyes he's giving you.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.