• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

FNG from South Orange County

Asshat

Joined Apr 13, 2021
Greetings y’all!!
Thought I would get a good grill, so I’m here to learn... and make mistakes.
Coming off of a propane grill, just never got hot enough to sear. Considering a Traeger Pellet, but not sure; heard those don’t get that hot for searing.

Good to be here.

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Welcome sir from Mississippi. Lots of pellet cookers on here. You’ll get answers soon.
Jim

5GRILLZNTN

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 12, 2018
Greetings from Middle TN. Look into a Weber Kettle. No problem searing with one.
Dave

HowlingDog

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 16, 2019
Welcome!!!

Interesting that a propane grill will not get hot enough to sear. My weber Genesis will exceed 500F if I let it pre-heat for about 10-15 minutes.

Can't go wrong with a kettle. The bigger ones can be configured to smoke as well!!

mcokevin

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 18, 2016
I assume you mean Orange County CA..but if you mean Orange County FL, I am also in Southern Orange.

Welcome in any case.

Colin1230

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 18, 2021
Yep, can't go wrong with a Weber kettle, very versatile cooking machine. Whatever you decide please post a pic, we love pics, and welcome to the forum.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF! Glad too have you join us!
Al

Bigheaded

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 14, 2021
Welcome, I got a Masterbuilt Gravity 560 about a month ago. Can sear at 700 and gets up to temp in about 14 minutes. If you’re looking at pellets even though it’s charcoal I’d suggest you look into the Gravity’s.

and I’m in Riverside, so howdy neighbor.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.