FNG from South Orange County

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Asshat

Original poster
Apr 13, 2021
Greetings y’all!!
Thought I would get a good grill, so I’m here to learn... and make mistakes.
Coming off of a propane grill, just never got hot enough to sear. Considering a Traeger Pellet, but not sure; heard those don’t get that hot for searing.

Good to be here.

Welcome sir from Mississippi. Lots of pellet cookers on here. You’ll get answers soon.
Jim

Welcome!!!

Interesting that a propane grill will not get hot enough to sear. My weber Genesis will exceed 500F if I let it pre-heat for about 10-15 minutes.

Can't go wrong with a kettle. The bigger ones can be configured to smoke as well!!

I assume you mean Orange County CA..but if you mean Orange County FL, I am also in Southern Orange.

Welcome in any case.

Yep, can't go wrong with a Weber kettle, very versatile cooking machine. Whatever you decide please post a pic, we love pics, and welcome to the forum.

Welcome, I got a Masterbuilt Gravity 560 about a month ago. Can sear at 700 and gets up to temp in about 14 minutes. If you’re looking at pellets even though it’s charcoal I’d suggest you look into the Gravity’s.

and I’m in Riverside, so howdy neighbor.

Reactions: 912smoker
I live in south county too, LN. I have a Traegar Texas. It gets to 500 Degrees at High setting. I use a cast iron pan to sear. That works okay. Most of my cooks are rin=bs and pork, so I do not need to sear. I just bought a small charcoal grill to cook Steaks on.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky