Flintstones, size tri tip roast.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forktender

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 10, 2008
NORCAL
I found a 7 lb Magnum, prime T. T. at Kinder's butcher shop a few days ago. I seasoned it up with a 50/50 blend of McCormick's Santa Maria rub and my homemade blackening seasoning.

I cold smoked it for 2 hours using Oak chips then tossed it into the kettle over some real Oakwood coals, turning it constantly until it reached an internal temp of 132*.

It was frick'in amazing!!!!

Thanks for look'in!!!!

Dan

Attachments

• 20220707_172046.jpg
    20220707_172046.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 20220707_172338.jpg
    20220707_172338.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 46
Thank you, if it wasn't the beat one I've ever had, it was definitely in the top five.
It was massive!!!!

Looks amazing!
I have never seen a TT that big (not to question you, but are you sure that is a TT)? Maybe they just cut the tail off!
Al

Reactions: forktender
Nice Dan, so what did the rest of the family have . lol

That is a big slab of TT.

edit ( Just asking because I am not sure, cold smoke for 2 hours. is that safe )

David
More than safe with whole muscle beef.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks amazing!
I have never seen a TT that big (not to question you, but are you sure that is a TT)? Maybe they just cut the tail off!
Al
It for sure was a T. T. Al, we get some jumbos out here.
Last yr Chili called me on the size of some Tips that I cooked, The next week I posted pic's of the T. T's in the cooler at our Costco, they were all massive, not this big, this is the biggest one I have ever seen.

Well yabba dabba do...Wilma get me a plate! Looks delicious and perfectly cooked!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky