Fish & Chips. ( Catty)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Fish & Chips. ( Catty)

This was another Fun & Tasty Meal from the #360 Air Fryer.
I had one Nice Big Catfish Fillet left from that pack I got a few weeks ago, so I thawed that bad boy out.
This time to make it easy on my Old Breading Machine, I cut the Fillet in half.
Also this time Mrs Bear wanted some Fries too, so I got 2 nice size Taters out & peeled and washed them.
Then I ran them through my Cheapo $15 Fry Cutter, and put them in a bowl of cold water, and into the Fridge.
After a few hours, and just before Frying, I rinsed the Fries a couple times & Dried them off.
Then I sprayed a little Olive Oil on the Breaded Catty & Fries, and put them in the Crisper Basket.
Also sprinkled some Old Bay on them too.
Then I put the Basket in the Fryer & set it @ 400° for 30 minutes with the Fan on.
Checked it at 20 minutes & pulled it out.

It was awesome, but I could have left it in another 5 minutes, because a couple of Fries weren’t quite done.
So I shared the Fries with Mrs Bear, and offered up some Fish, but she just rolled her eyes & said “Yuck!”
I told her “Last Chance for Catfish!” I got some Haddock in the freezer, but I never made any of that before.

Then the Next night I had the other Half of the Fillet. Also used Kraft Sandwich Spread for Tartar Sauce.

Couple of Great Meals For the Bear!!!

Thanks for Looking,

Bear

Frozen Catfish Fillets:
IMG_4860.jpg

Last of my Catfish Fillets:
IMG_4862.jpg

Cut in half & sprinkle some Old Bay:
IMG_4863.jpg

Cutting some Fries with my Super-Cheapo Fry Cutter:
IMG_4864.jpg

Put in a bowl with cold water & into Fridge for a few hours, and rinse to get rid of some starch:
IMG_4866.jpg

Crisper Basket loaded up, and added some Old Bay::
IMG_4868.jpg

Closer look:
IMG_4869.jpg

Removed after 20 minutes @ 400°:
IMG_4870.jpg

Plated Bear's Supper, with Kraft Sandwich Spread for Tartar Sauce:
IMG_4871.jpg

Meanwhile a couple visitors dropped by to clean up under My Bird Feeders:
IMG_4857.jpg

Pic taken from bedroom window:
IMG_4858.jpg

Closer Look:
IMG_4859.jpg

Last edited:
Looks Great Can't go wrong with Catfish and Taters

Love the Deer Pics

Gary

Looks good . Been doing the hand cut fries in mine . They come out good .
Nice meal .

Looks good Bear! Nothing beats homemade fries! I like the pictures of your visitors too!

The only "people" who come to clean up under my feeders are the rat-coons. If I forget to bring them in the coons will climb the poles and destroy the feeders. Even the greased poles.

looks like a tasty meal bear, your getting your money's worth out of the 360. fatten those puppies up bear I think I know where i'm going hunting next year.

Looks good! I would never have figured the Fish and Fries would cook in the same amount of time. If we didn't just get a giant new Toaster Oven, I would have to look hard at the 360...JJ

The only "people" who come to clean up under my feeders are the rat-coons. If I forget to bring them in the coons will climb the poles and destroy the feeders. Even the greased poles.

My new feeders don't allow Squirrels or Coons to steal seed. I have them hanging so they have to get on them or hang from them, and if they do that, the feeder holes close.
They aren't cheap but they really work. They don't even try any more. They just look up at them & move on.

Bear

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
looks like a tasty meal bear, your getting your money's worth out of the 360. fatten those puppies up bear I think I know where i'm going hunting next year.

Thank You Jim!!
Yup---This thing does a good Job! My favorites are Fish, Chicken, Fries, sausage, Dogs, and a few more.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice lookin meal Bear, we love fish and chips... gotta be tasty with catfish.

Nice pics of the visitors!

Great lookin' cat and fires Bear.

LIKE!

Love the wildlife...we get quite a bit through here as well.

John

Thank You John!!
They're always in my back yard (and front), except during hunting season!:emoji_wink:
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky