First time smoking brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

drice5

Original poster
Sep 3, 2016
Everyone says not to use a rub with sugar for smoking brisket , my rub has brown sugar in it. Do I need to find a new rub?

Drice5, welcome to SMF!  Glad you are here and asking questions.

You can use a rub with sugar on a brisket with absolutely no problems.  The real issue is whether sugar and beef go together.  Personally, especially with brisket, I'm a SPOG guy (Salt, Pepper, Onion Power, Garlic Powder).  I save the sugar rubs for pork and sometimes chicken. 

If you like the taste of the rub with sugar I'm sure you love the brisket.  Smoke away!

welcome1.gif

to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

Actually I use my pork rub on brisket & it has sugar in it.

Everybody loves it.

Al

Sugar, no sugar, foil no foil... Go with what you like. I have a rub I use that has brown sugar in it and my wife loves the bark it makes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky