First time making ribs on my pellet grill!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chops1sc

Original poster
Jun 6, 2016
South Carolina
I decided to try cooking some ribs on my Pit-Boss PS850. I picked up 2 racks of spareribs and did a little trimming. I used Meat Church Honey Hog one one and a combo of Honey Hog and Holy Voo Doo on the other with mustard as a binder on both.

rib1.jpg

I had the Pit-Boss going at 225 and it held temp nicely throughout the cook. Of course, I added the snack pieces!

rib2.jpg

I added a few sprays of apple juice at the 1.5 hour and 2.25 marks but they really didn't need much. Pulled them after 3 hours and set them down on some butter, brown sugar, honey and a little more rub. I didn't add anything to the bone side.

rib4.jpg

rib3.jpg

After 2 hours wrapped up I made boats for them to finish on.

rib5.jpg

I chose not to add any sauce. But next time I will likely add some. The last leg only needed 15-20 minutes!

rib6.jpg

I almost forgot to take a pic because I was ready to EAT! This is my first time ever making ribs and I think they turned out great! The smoke ring was a little modest but the flavor was excellent nonetheless! I got thumbs up from my family and I know these will not be the last time I make ribs on the Pit-Boss!

Yes sir those look great and sounds like the fam approved !
How did you like the Voodoo flavor? We love it on everything:emoji_sunglasses:

Keith

Reactions: chops1sc
Look really good. Was afraid to make them previously, but actually quite easy and have only had one go around that was marginal. Overcooked a bit and they dried out a little but still doable.

Reactions: chops1sc
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky