First time back in awhile. Help with some brisket ID

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dauntless

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
Groton, CT
Glad to be back. The navy sub life gets hectic sometimes and I forget to get on here while I’m smoking. A friend of mine got a quarter cow and brought over some “brisket” clearly it has been trimmed way down. It’s about 12”X7”x3.5” and weighs about 3.5 lbs. I’m trying to figure out if this thing came off the point or flat but I am no good at this kind of thing. I’m thinking about dry brining it tonight and rubbing with S/P/G and placing it in a shallow pan with some homemade beef stock I made. Either that or Al’s method
9D43E619-1385-45AF-B1F7-A086EC58BCEA.jpeg
4186D915-5D5B-4920-A819-E04A41B2D9E0.jpeg

I’m such a such a space cadet. While searching the forum I found my old post from awhile back after going in on a similar cow. Received lots of feedback on that one two. Bears method on this one I think but I don’t have A1. Maybe a trip tot he store is in order. Sorry for asking the same thing twice over a period of time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky