First SV chucky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mbassom

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 2, 2020
Austin, TX
After reading all the reviews on Bear's 50 hour chucky, I thought it would be a good 1st SV. Unfortunately I only had 44 hours, but it still came out great and i will do it again (and go the full 50).

Ran at 140 because the hubby is picky about red meat. After this he has agreed to let me do the next one at 132.

Here is the 3 lb chuck vac sealed with lipton beefy onion soup.

20220128_193115.jpg

Here is the chuck in the hot tub
20220128_195540.jpg

Here is the dinner slices, rest was thin sliced for sandwiches for lunch tomorrow.
20220130_155528.jpg
e

Looks good . I have found that you get just as good of a roast using higher temp water and shorter cooking times. I’ll run 180°f for 10-12 hours. Great texture and you’re not running the unit for half a week.

Thanks for the like secondhandsmoker.

Dirtsailor2003, I may try a hot and fast next time. Thanks for the info.

After reading all the reviews on Bear's 50 hour chucky, I thought it would be a good 1st SV. Unfortunately I only had 44 hours, but it still came out great and i will do it again (and go the full 50).

Ran at 140 because the hubby is picky about red meat. After this he has agreed to let me do the next one at 132.

Here is the 3 lb chuck vac sealed with lipton beefy onion soup.

View attachment 524019

Here is the chuck in the hot tub
View attachment 524020

Here is the dinner slices, rest was thin sliced for sandwiches for lunch tomorrow.
View attachment 524021e
dang.... got to get one of those sue-vee things... can't come here without spending money.

• Haha
Reactions: mike243
Be careful on the hotter cooks, had a brisket bag came apart and water logged my bag, that was before having a real SV rig

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky