First Smoked Turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bighead

Original poster
Nov 24, 2016
Greetings from NM !! I revived a pit boss smoker for fathers day this year so I'm new to smoking im a home brewer and been itching to start pairing my brew with my BBQ but this smoker has really stepped up my game. Used to attempt smoking on a regular propane grill but never realized what a difference in the food taste. I spatchcocked a turkey for the first time today thanks to all of you guys (been a silent guest for a couple weeks) here is a pic of the bird as I put it on more to follow.

Here it is tastes incredible... smoked it at 300 for two and a half hours! The threads I read were so helpful they gave me the courage to tackle this for the first time!!! Thanks to all for the tips!!

Hello and  
welcome1.gif
  to you.

Dang looking at that bird, I'll be taking tips from you.

Glad you are here, pictures are good things.

Ed

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a cool day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people          with tons of information on just about  everything.

Nice job on the Turkey

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky