• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First Smoked Turkey

bighead

Joined Nov 24, 2016
Greetings from NM !! I revived a pit boss smoker for fathers day this year so I'm new to smoking im a home brewer and been itching to start pairing my brew with my BBQ but this smoker has really stepped up my game. Used to attempt smoking on a regular propane grill but never realized what a difference in the food taste. I spatchcocked a turkey for the first time today thanks to all of you guys (been a silent guest for a couple weeks) here is a pic of the bird as I put it on more to follow.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Great start!

Al

bighead

Joined Nov 24, 2016

Here it is tastes incredible... smoked it at 300 for two and a half hours! The threads I read were so helpful they gave me the courage to tackle this for the first time!!! Thanks to all for the tips!!

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
It looks fantastic!

Great job on your first try!

Al

gearjammer

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 6, 2015
Hello and  
  to you.

Dang looking at that bird, I'll be taking tips from you.

Glad you are here, pictures are good things.

Ed

gary s

OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a cool day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people          with tons of information on just about  everything.

Nice job on the Turkey

Gary

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.