• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First smoked Meatloaf with pics!

pi guy

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 28, 2013
Nothing fancy, but this was so incredible I had to share. I did this a few weeks ago but got busy and couldn't post until now.

My wife mixed up her go-to recipe for meatloaf, which is great in the oven alone. But in the smoker?! She said we'll never do meatloaf in the oven again!

Formed the usual meatloaf, then rubbed with Cherry Republic Cherry BBQ Rub. I then let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours because I thought it would cook too quickly so I wanted to kill some time (I think this really helped the final flavor). Put it in the smoker on a sheet of foil that I raised the edges on slightly to try to catch the fat. I then smoked it at 275 for about 3 hours (took longer than I expected for some reason!). After out of the smoker I slathered it with Cherry Republic BBQ Sauce (not plugging them, but we had just been there and bought a bunch of stuff, so why not). Reached 170 and I pulled and let it rest for about 15-20 minutes, then sliced it up. Put thick slices on grilled brioches buns and topped with colby jack cheese and lettuce.

Thanks for the inspiration here at SMF. You keep me working on expanding my horizons when it comes to cooking.

20200720_134658.jpg

20200720_194902.jpg

20200720_200401.jpg

20200720_200613.jpg

20200720_201604.jpg

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Great looking meatloaf. It’s hard to go back to the oven after smoking one. That sandwich pic is worthy of a magazine, looks great.

pi guy

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 28, 2013
I wish i would have got the perfect money shot of the inside of the completed Sammie. Man, im thinking its almost time again. Thanks for the kind words, you all rock at this smoking stuff, I'm just a learnin'.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks Mighty Tasty from the Den!!
Nice Job, PI Guy!!
Like.

Bear

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks fantastic!
Hard to beat a good meatloaf sammie!
Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.